Lock And Key
Brief introduction of Lock And Key
Lock and key game is a traditional tag game. The game is believed to have originated in the streets like many other simple games. It is a widespread game and played in the humble communities of many areas. The game is believed to have some similarity with the Indian origin game known as ‘Barf Pani’. The game is unique variation of usual tag games played among children. This game ensures harmony and friendship among the players. The game is also a variation of the usual chasing sports played among the children. It is game which is famous among children more than other age groups. It allows the players to take some rest while running when they are locked by the chaser. The game is enjoyable and does not take much time.
Things required to play Lock And Key
Only players are required to play the game. It can be played as a single player chasing a group of people and that group is known as defending group. The person chasing will be the chaser. It can also be played between two teams with equal number of people. These two serve as the chasing and defending team based on the roles they are performing. A ground is the only thing needed precisely. A chalk to mark out the boundary of the playing field. In some games, the specific field is marked for the locked players to stand. A time recording device is used to record the time when the two teams are competing against each other. The winning team is often decided based on the time taken for capturing all the players.
Required skills to play Lock And Key
The usual running skills are required to play the game. The built of the set of muscles needed for running is improved. The smart decisions and mental skills are needed to decide when to unlock the partner players and how to escape the chaser as well. The mental skills are also thus improved. The players should have strategy and planning as well. Also, the basic chasing skill and agility of the players is needed. These games equip the players with many sensory and motor skills. Players learn to play together and smile with each other. They learn to take risks for their fellows when they try to unlock the locked players while running from the chaser. The players need to learn managing these skills by practicing the game.
How to play Lock And Key?
The game begins with a toss to decide who will play the defending and chasing teams respectively. The chasers start chasing the defenders and when he catches one of them. The chaser tags them by saying ‘Lock’. The person becomes locked. He may stand at a side decided for the locked persons to stand or may stand at the same spot at which he was locked. The chaser then tries to catch all the defenders by tagging them and saying the particular word. The defenders try their best to escape the chaser and run off. They also aim to help their teammates and rescue them who are locked in place by the chaser. Both try their best to perform their respective tasks and the team which manages to do their job before the time and beat the other one achieve victory.
Some important rules of Lock And Key
- The chaser is supposed to tag the running team with the palm and say the word ‘Lock’. The locked person should maintain the locked position by holding the hand on top of the head and standing at the same exact spot at which he was locked and tagged.
- When the player of the chasing team, other than the locked player tries to unlock the him. He should say ‘Key’ while touching his palm on the locked player. This will unlock him and he can continue to run from the chaser just as before.
- The chaser locking the chasing teammates must say the word ‘Lock’ while doing so if he wants to lock the opponent. Otherwise, the player is still free to move and is not restricted. And locking does not happen.
- Similarly, in order to allow the locked player to move again the teammate from the chasing team must say the word ‘Key’ out loud. Only then, he is unlocked to play the game again.
- When a single player plays against a team then, when all the players of the running team are locked then the game ends with the chaser winning the game. The players can take turns to play the chaser as they require.
- When two teams play the game, then the other team takes turn to chase. In this case, the goal is to catch the entire team before the time ends.
- The team which locks the players of the entire team before the time running out wins the game. The team struggles to prevent the opposite team from unlocking the players.
- In some variations of the game, the players locked stand at certain spot that is predetermined for the locked players to stand. They wait for the fellows to come and rescue them with a key.
- The game is a simple fun game and the rules are not very defined. They can be crafted based on the demands of the situation. The players do not follow a particular code of law. A few of the primary laws hold whenever, the game is played.
The lock and key game is a perfect example of games played with a team spirit and encourage the players to work together as a team to win the game. The players learn unity and harmony among themselves. The various games as such present the liveliness and colors of culture and community. The game absolutely needs no expenses to be arranged and is brilliant way of killing the time. It provides all the benefits, may it be health or social associated with playing games at no cost at all. The lock and key game is a simple community game played among children mostly.
Share This Page On...