Land And Water
Brief introduction of Land And Water
The game is a commanding game in which a leader gives orders and players are meant to follow them. There are many games that are similar to this as ‘Cobra Cobra’ and many more. The game is quite popular all over the world but this particular version is more common in the West. The game is family friendly and all the members of the family can participate. Even variations are introduced for the crippled children and the commands for them are easier accordingly. The game is not expensive and overly demanding.
Things required to play Land And Water
No gadgets are demanded to make arrangements for playing the game. A group of enthusiastic and vigorous kids is all we need. The chalk, marker or anything used to mark is taken to draw a line on which the players stand close to each other. The other line is also drawn sometimes where the players receiving the penalty stand. The number of players is not an issue as well. the gender and age group limitations are also not imposed like any other game. Such games are example of human creative skills, that a fun to play game is introduced without any luxurious setup and preparation time to arrange things.
Required skills to play Land And Water
The energy of players playing the game is required. The players should be full of energy and vigor. The running skill is also needed if the facet of catching the player who made the mistake is introduced in the game. The ability of the players to listen to the commands keenly and pay attention to what is being said is enhanced. The players make quick decision when they respond to the commands and perform the action. Their skill to process the command, take timely decision and listening ability is enhanced. The skill of the leader to observe and note the children while they are performing the task is of great value. As the leader should note the player who commits the mistake and take decision regarding him.
How to play Land And Water?
The instructions of the game are made clear to the participants of the game and the few rules are announced well. The players stand on the line demarcated before the onset of the game. The leader is selected by tossing or any other method as by turning the palms. He is supposed to give commands to the players for playing the game. The players respond to the commands quickly with active movements. On every command, the players respond accordingly. When the leader directs ‘air’, the players jump in the air. On ‘sea’, they move in front of the line. On ‘land’, they move behind the line. The best part is a series of new commands can be created and the players respond to it. This makes room for creativity and more fun. The player who commit a mistake, receives a punishment or is removed from the game. He may be instructed to run to the spot and come back in time without getting caught. He is out if he gets in the hands of the leader running after him. This way, the game continues with much laughter and fun.
Some important rules of Land And Water
- The players arrange and organize themselves on a line which is drawn on the ground. They should stand on the line such that the shoulders of the player’s touch but there is still little space between them, their feet should also touch.
- The leader is selected for the game who calls the orders of air, sea and land as he desires. He is free to bring variations and add a series of new orders.
- On the call of ‘land’, the players are supposed to place their feet behind the line that was marked before. If they are already behind the line, they should stay there and if they are in front of the line then they should jump back to the spot.
- On the call of ‘sea’, the players are meant to stand in front of the line. If they are already in the front, they should stay there. But if they are on the line or behind it, they should hop to reach the front of the line.
- On the call of ‘air’, they should jump in the air and return to the same place as before.
- The players must face the leader so that they can respond to the commands quickly when the leader calls them.
- If a player makes a mistake, various versions of penalties are introduced as such standing behind the line and not participating in the game for some time.
- In some variations, the players who commit a mistake are made to stand in a space that is decided before the start of the game.
- Additional commands as such ‘tornado’ the players turn and spin around one point on which they are standing.
- On calling pirate, they stand on one leg and on ‘bridge’, they place one foot in front of the line and one the back of it. So, one foot is in sea and the other is in the land.
- A series of other commands can be introduced as well.
- Sometimes, the players who commit a mistake are considered out from the game and the game continues till are the players are out.
- The player who commits a mistake is also sometimes ordered to run and touch a specific point or line that was predetermined. During this, the leader ties to catch the player. If the player makes it back safe, the player can continue but if the leader catches him player is out.
Land and water game is effortlessly simple and a source of pure happiness and fun. A game with which children can busy themselves in their spare time and have memorable moments with their friends. The game is manageable that the children of even the smallest age group can play it without any adult assistance needed. This is a huge benefit. Thus, it is a fun game.
Share This Page On...