Hide and seek
Brief introduction of Hide and Seek
Hide and seek is a popular game among many children. It is a simple game that involves hiding of the players while the other players find them. It involves simple skills that can be learned by anyone. It also does not require many things, allowing many kids to enjoy the game. This article will look at the game in great detail; how to play, the skills required and other details about the game.
Things required to play Hide and Seek
Due to its simplicity, hide and seek does not have a lot of requirements. The most obvious requirement is for the players to avail themselves. They would also need to assign roles to each player; those who will hide and those who will seek. Similarly, they would have to agree on the hiding locations. If any adults are around, they should be notified of the game as well as the hiding areas. The players will also have to set limits on how far one can hide. This would prevent a situation where one goes too far to hide. To make the game more enjoyable, different hiding places need to be used in different rounds. Without this, seekers would have an easy time finding players in hiding. Outdoor locations are ideal for this game. However, indoor locations should be used if there is harsh weather.
Required skill to play Hide and Seek
Certain skills are necessary in order to play the game. Running is one of these skills as players would have to run while seeking hiding places. The players also need to have hiding skills as well as the ability to stay silent while hiding. This way, the player would make it difficult to be found by the seeker. On the other hand, the seeker should have counting skills. This would allow him to count while other players are hiding. He also needs to have observation, tracking and spying skills. These skills will help him to locate the hiders with ease.
How to play Hide and Seek game?
- Hide and seek is one of the easiest games to play, which explains its popularity among kids. As the name suggests, the game involves players taking hiding positions while others try to locate them. Players need to agree on the hiding locations as well as the roles to be taken by each player.
- To start with, all players need to assemble in one location and assign roles. The seeker will then have to close his eyes and count while the other players are hiding. The time allowed for players to hide needs to be agreed on by all players. When the counting is over, the seeker will proceed to locate all players in hiding. As per the rules of the game, the one who is located first will take the seekers role in the next round. The winner of the game would be the last player to be located.
- Though the above is the most played version, there exist other versions of the game. One such version involves a home base. In this case, players in hiding need to find their way to a disclosed location, referred to as the home base. They would have to do this quietly without being noticed by the seeker. Once the player gets to the home base, he would have won the game.
- In another version, players found in their hiding places would be put in jail. The jail, in this case, would be a secluded area or room. The game will only be declared over when all players have been put to jail.
Some important rules of Hide and Seek
Like any other game, hide and seek has some specific rules that need to be adhered to. This serves to make the game more organized and enjoyable.
- One of the most important rules pertains to the hiding locations. Players need to set rules to prevent situations where a player hides in a place that poses danger to himself. It also serves to ensure players do not hide in places that are private.
- The first rule, as stated above, regards the safety of hiding locations. For example, young players can choose to hide on top of trees or on roof tops. In the process of playing the game and ensuring they are not found, these hiding locations would compromise on their safety. A young player would, for example, fall off the tree resulting in unnecessary injuries. The rules of the game should compel players to hide only in places deemed to be safe.
- Rules should also be made to ensure players do not hide in private places. Take the case of a child that hides in his parents' bedroom. The rules should prohibit such places. If allowed, players need to ensure they do not mess up with those locations. Better still, a player may find himself trespassing other people's properties in the process of hiding. The rules of the game should not allow this to happen.
- There are other important rules for the game. This should be able to determine how to assign hiding and seeking roles to each player. They also need to agree on the time given for players to hide while the seeker is closing his eyes. These rules would lead to a more enjoyable game.
Conclusion of Hide and Seek
The importance of hide and seek games have been validated by various studies. The benefits of the game to kids are immense, and proven to help build a better character in children. As this article has shown, playing the game is not difficult and any kid can enjoy playing it. It is one of the best games for kids as it also does not require many things.
Share This Page On...