Home → Fun Zone → Games → Out Door Games → Frog Jump Race
Frog Jump Race
Brief introduction of Frog Jump Race
The game is a cool variation of the race and running games. The unique element of the game is that the players jump like a frog and the scene is quite fun and comedic. This gives the sport an element of humor which is precious as many sports out there have become a source of panic and stress rather than giving the relief they are supposed to give to the spectators and the players as well. The game originated in small communities and streets. It is played in many countries of the world. Children and adults enjoy the game similarly and have fun. The game gives simple happiness. Different schools and colleges make arrangements for this game to be played in their sports events. People should learn to give more importance to such simple games than running after the fancy stuff which is not only stressful but also time consuming as well.
Things required to play Frog Jump Race
The location of the playing area and its dimensions are not determined by any standards or code of law. Any space that is long enough for running can be used for playing the game. The number of players is also not limited to any rule or restriction of game but any number of players can participate in the game. A marking device is used which can be a tape, chalk or paint to divide the field into areas for the players to run. The starting line and the ending line is marked properly. This allows players not to cross the line and run in their respective areas. In some areas, the jumping distance or the length of each leap is also marked by using marked spots. The spots can be marked with a page or chalk as well.
Required skills to play Frog Jump Race
Like any other sport which involves running, the ability to run and speed off is needed. This skill is shined by playing this sport. The fact is, when players leap and hop during the game, the muscle strength of their glutes and calves is greatly increased. Whenever a group of people play together they achieve humanly relations, love and respect. People learn these moral codes and values. The motor and sensory skills work with perfect harmony while jumping like a frog and aiming forward to reach the ending point and win the race. Hopping and running are considered fundamental skills to play games; both these skills are needed to play this game with efficiency.
How to play Frog Jump Race?
The rules of jumping like a frog are made known to the players. Players arrange themselves at the starting line and wait for the organizer to blow the whistle for the race to start. They take the position of the frog and wait for the game to kick off. Once, the game is started they start jumping like a frog and thus run in this way. When they gallop to the next position they break their frog position and try to jump. Again, they hold the position. They make sure to stay in their respective lines. They try to reach the win line as quickly as possible. One who does this wins the race. So, the winner is decided by the fact who reaches the spot quickly.
Some important rules to play Frog Jump Race
There are no hard and fast rules of the game and it is just a simple sport played among people for fun. A simple set of running rules are applied and the race is commenced.
- The game should start from the starting line marked for beginning of the race, the players stand at the same line and hold their frog position.
- The players cannot run simply but are supposed to run like a frog. The frog position is regarded most commonly as the knees folded while sitting and the hands wrapped around the knees. Many variations are observed base on the culture and area.
- When taking a leap or jump the knees unlock and legs are straight to jump forwards, the hands are in the air to support the posture and maintain balance.
- When the length of the jump is fixed for the game, then players must follow it. They cannot take a longer or shorter leap to move forward.
- The jump length is marked by placing cards at the calculated distance and the player is supposed to jump on the cards while running forward towards the finish line.
- The players are prohibited to enter in each other’s lines and stay in their respective courses.
- If someone cross their running course as marked and enter in other players course, then the player crossing faces a punishment for the act in many set of rules.
- The referee notes the time at which each player reaches the line and record it. The player reaching first wins the top spot position. And the rest are given positions respective of the time taken to complete the race.
- They make sure that the frog position is well maintained each time the players jump forward towards the ending line of field.
- This is kind of game which starts and cheers of laughter and uproars are heard. It does not focus on a huge set of rules to be followed. However, still few rules are stipulated to ensure order while playing the sport.
Frog jump race is a variation of race game. It is a layman and amateur game which involves a unique style of running in the playing field. Players jumping like a frog and competing to reach the end line is a fun spectacle to watch. This is a refreshing sport that is humorous and interesting. The game promotes unity and friendship among the players as they get a chance to play together and laugh with each other. This also strengthens the cultural and traditional well-being of the society. Children can hop on their legs without any list of arrangements to be made for playing. The families enjoy this game and a healthy society is established.
Share This Page On...
Home → Fun Zone → Games → Out Door Games → Frog Jump Race